The Montjuïc & Panoramic Tour
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Barcelona, Catalonia
- Product code: DT-Montjuic
This tour combines two areas of natural beauty used by Barcelona for culture and recreation:
The Waterfront which is a living example of how the very old can be successfully combined with the very new: the Old Port with its Dock warehouses and the Gothic Drassanes or shipyards have been preserved and incorporated into a remodelled recreational area, with the Aquarium, the World Trade Centre, restaurants and cinemas.
Montjuïc Hill Don't miss out on the opportunity to see the spectacular views of the city by visiting the Montjuic Hill. Parks, art galleries, mountain, museums and two of the major attractions: the 1992 Olympic Ring of Sports Stadium and the Poble Espanyol. We'll have about 45 minutes to enjoy this small village within the mountain.
· Old Port: it starts at the end of Las Ramblas and borders La Barceloneta, the fisherman's quarter. There you can find long beaches all along.
· Columbus Monument: built in 1888 to commemorate the discoverer. Placed at the end of the famous Ramblas.
· Gothic Drassanes: placed at the Old Port and a great example of civil gothic arquitecture in all Europe. It currently houses the Maritime Museum.
· World Trade Center: get delighted by this impressive building that is surrounded by water. Its aesthetic features make it one of the best
attractions of the city.
· Mirador de Miramar (Lookout) stop: This terrace is a balcony over the Mediterranean with spectacular views over the harbour and the whole city. The bus will stop here to let you walk around and get the best viewpoints.
· Olympic Ring: Central sports facilities of the '92 Olympic Games, the complex includes the Stadium, the St Jordi sports pavilion by architect Arata Isozaki, the INEF by architect Ricardo Bofill and the Calatrava Communications Tower.
· Poble Espanyol: Final place on the tour so people who so wish can stay for as long as they like. Built for the 1929 Exhibition, you can see replicas of streets, squares, monuments and buildings from around the country. It is an open air museum with many artists and craftsmen you can watch at work, synthesyzing traditional crafts with modern design: glass, ceramics, jewellery, fabrics, etc. There are also many bars and restaurants, where you can stop for lunch as you will have about 45 minutes free time.
- DURATION: 2h30 approx from 12:30 PM to 3 PM.
- It is the easiest way to get a panoramic overview of the city, see Montjuïc Hill and Poble Espanyol
- The tour is only in English making it easier for you to follow the whole story
- Waterfront of Barcelona – Old Port and Columbus Monument
- Montjuïc Hill – Mayor’s Lookout
- Poble Espanyol
- Entrance tickets and skip the line to Poble Espanyol
- Roomy and air conditioned bus with big windows
- Free time in Poble Espanyol so you can wonder around and have lunch (about 45 minutes)
What's not included
- Food and drinks. There is water available in the bus for 1 €
- Hotel pick up. Departure point is in Plaça Catalunya, the center of Barcelona and with very good communications, near la Rambla, Gothic Quarter and Passeig de Gràcia.
- This tour involves some walking.
- This is not a wheelchair accessible vehicle. However, if you have limited mobility (i.e. you can get on and off the coach) we can take your wheelchair with us.